The objectives of the Foundation shall be to support the education of and research by pharmacists and pharmaceutical scientists within the general fields of design, development, manufacture, distribution and responsible use of medicines.
In order to achieve its objectives, the Foundation may undertake one or more of the following activities:
- The making of grants to support education, research or development in pharmacy practice and pharmaceutical science.
- The granting of fellowships or residencies to permit a period of research at a suitable approved institution.
- The awarding of scholarships to permit short periods of travel in order to study innovation and/or development.
- The making of awards in recognition of excellence consistent with the mission of the Foundation.
- Projects of a humanitarian or emergency nature, which do not conflict with the aforementioned objectives or the general objectives of the International Pharmaceutical Federation/Fédération Internationale Pharmaceutique (FIP).
- The establishment of partnerships with FIP member organisations, World Health Organization, World Ban and World Health Professions Alliance, university faculties, colleges of pharmacy or the pharmaceutical industry that support the above objectives of the Foundation and the International Pharmaceutical Federation.
Please see the Foundation’s statutes for more information.
In order to also reach out to US citizens, it was decided to found an American Foundation at the beginning of the 21st Century, which is the International Pharmaceutical Federation (IPF) USA. For information on the IPF USA foundation click here.