PSWC 2020 Congress Travel Scholarship
Guidelines for Applicants and Application Form
What is the PSWC 2020 congress travel scholarship?
The FIP Foundation for Education and Research awards a number of congress travel scholarships to assist young pharmaceutical scientists to attend the FIP Pharmaceutical Sciences World Congress (PSWC). The objective of the scholarships is to facilitate attendance at this event and to permit the recipient to develop his/her skills and knowledge, in line with the objectives of the Foundation, and to contribute towards improving pharmaceutical sciences in his/her home country.
What does the congress travel scholarship include?
- Free Congress registration
- Financial support for the travel and hotel accommodation up to € 1000
- One year Individual Membership of FIP
- A meeting with the FIP leaders
Who can apply?
Any young pharmaceutical scientist, under the age of 35 years (by 31 December 2019), who lives and works or studies in a country with an income level classified as low, lower-middle or upper middle by the World Bank in the latest available classification.
Applicants who have previously received financial support from the FIP Foundation are not eligible to apply for a PSWC congress travel scholarship.
How can applications be made?
Applications should be submitted electronically to the Foundation’s Executive Director. The application should consist of:
- The complete application form, which is available online
- A two-page (maximum) letter of motivation by the applicant describing why attending the congress is relevant for him or her, and the particular objectives and interests related to the congress. In particular, the letter should describe how the applicant intends to share and/or apply the knowledge and experience gained through the PSWC Congress, in order to improve pharmaceutical science in their country of origin;
- The applicant’s curriculum vitae (CV) not exceeding two pages, highlighting the applicant’s academic background, language skills, professional experience and development, contributions in terms of leadership and innovation and any other elements the applicant considers relevant for the application.
- A letter of recommendation from, for example, the applicant’s supervisor, manager, employer, dean of school or president of professional organisation;
- Proof of identity (e.g. copy of passport);
- A recent photograph of the applicant.
What is the application deadline?
Complete applications must be submitted by 31 December 2019. All applications will be acknowledged. Any applications that do not comply with the formal requirements described in these guidelines will not be accepted/considered.
How are PSWC Congress Travel Scholarships awarded?
All valid applications will be reviewed by Directors of the FIP Foundation as well as members of the PSWC Scientific Programme Committee.
The final decision on the granting of the congress travel scholarships will be made by the Board of the FIP Foundation. The Board’s decision will be final and unappealable. All applicants will be informed of the Board’s decision once it has been made, but no reasons for the decision will be provided. Any attempt to lobby the Evaluation Committee or the Board will result in disqualification of the applicant.
The Board’s decisions will be announced at least three months prior to the Congress/conference.
What about successful applicants?
- Successful applicants need to register for the Congress with a special code that will be provided to them.
- Successful applicants will receive 50% of the total amount in Euros (€) before the Congress by bank transfer upon receipt of a completed reimbursement form with as many original receipts attached as possible. The remaining 50% will be transferred after the Congress upon receipt of the final report (see paragraph below) and reimbursement form with the remaining original receipts/invoices attached.
What is expected from successful applicants?
- To attend the entire duration of the PSWC congress
- To be present at the Opening Ceremony of the PSWC congress
- To attend specified meetings and programmes during the congress, as defined by the Board of the Foundation.
- To submit to the Board of the Foundation a brief report (maximum two pages) within 30 days of the PSWC Congress, including the following elements:
- A description of the applicant’s activities carried out during the congress and an evaluation of the objectives achieved;
- The occasions where the FIP Foundation for Education and Research was/will be acknowledged;
- A description of how the applicant proposes to use the experience and knowledge gained during the Congress;
- A detailed account of all relevant expenses incurred (including receipts).
The report should be submitted electronically (email@example.com) and it may be used in the International Pharmacy Journal (IPJ), for publicity purposes, and/or to report to the Foundation’s contributors accounting for the disposition of funds. It should be written with these objectives in mind.
Note: By accepting a scholarship, the applicant automatically grants FIP and the FIP Foundation for Education and Research permission to use any materials associated with the application (including the applicant’s photograph) as described above.
- All unexpended funds must be returned to the Foundation;
- All financial transactions and reports may be subject to audit. In the event that the funds are not being properly administered, the Foundation reserves the right to ask for a refund, without prejudice;
- Funds accepted for specific purposes may be utilised solely for these purposes.